Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Red Fox Sighting

Imagine my surprise this morning when I looked out my kitchen window and saw a large red fox in my fenced backyard. I have seen a fair number of deer, a few opossums and at least one racoon over the years of living in HVN. This was the first fox I have seen.

Learn more about red foxes:
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/red-fox/

So I am trying to figure out why the fox would jump my fence to come into the backyard. I don't have cat or dog food outside. I do have a dog which foxes generally avoid. In doing a bit of reading, it turns out that foxes eat both fruit and wild birds. I have several bird feeders and I am using a new bird food that is seed and fruit. So he may have been trying to get the fruit in the feeders or hanging out to see if any birds came by for the fruit that he could catch. Just a theory.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

BOOK SALE - BOOKS AMONG FRIENDS

BOOK SALE - BOOKS AMONG FRIENDS (1058 W Club Blvd, Suite 252, inside Northgate beside Sears) Saturday, AUgust 12, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.  (H...