Did you know that every year, North Carolinians throw away enough trash to circle the earth twice? Recycling is one of the best ways you can help to protect the environment. Recycling saves natural resources, keeps reusable items out of landfills, and provides the materials needed to make recycled products.
Here is a brochure on what you can and can not recycle: Recycling Brochure
Recycling is collected every other week. Click here for a schedule for our neighborhood: http://durhamnc.gov/ich/op/swmd/Documents/18month%20Recycling%20Calendar%20Red%20Schedule2014.pdf
• All containers should be rinsed and dry
• There should be no food residue
• All lids and caps go in the trash
• Place shredded paper in a brown paper bag before placing in the cart
• Place carts at the curb by 7 a.m. (6 a.m. during summer months)
• Contact Durham One Call at (919) 560-1200.