The new energy retrofit program, E-Conservation Home Energy Assessment and Retrofit Program, offered by Durham County Cooperative Extension has fewer restrictions than NERP had. To qualify, the home must be
· less than 2200 sq. ft.,
· built before 2006, and
· be in Durham County.
Qualified homeowners get help with
· air sealing and caulking cracks, crevices, window or doors frames,
· replacing incandescent lights with CFLs,
· insulating a water heater, and
· repairing loose air ducts.
What qualified homeowners have to do
- attend an E-Conservation workshop (and receive a free starter energy kit whether or not you qualify for the program),
- agree to pay the first $100.00 of the overall $800.00 grant cost to the assigned energy contractor,
· be present for the assessment,
· allow the E-conservation program to monitor their energy use,
· allow later check-up visits, and
- sign a waiver.
Step 1 - Register for the E-Conservation Workshop
Event: E-Conservation Workshop
Time: Monday, July 21, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Place: South Regional Library, 4505 South Alston Ave.
Register: Go to http://durhamcountylibrary.org/location/south/, scroll down, and click on View full South Regional calendar.
**You can come to the workshop even if you don’t qualify for the E-Conservation Home Energy Assessment and Retrofit Program.