Landscape irrigation makes up a large portion of our consumption, particularly during the warmer months of the year. In fact, irrigation during summer months can increase demand on the treatment plants between 20 and 40 percent. By improving the efficiency of our irrigation practices, we can reduce consumption, save money, and preserve this precious resource.
The most significant aspect of the new requirements is a specific irrigation schedule. The outdoor irrigation schedule applies to all spray irrigation systems and allows customers to irrigate according to the following schedule:
• Odd-numbered addresses may water once on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays either before 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
• Even-numbered addresses may water once on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays either before 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
• No watering may occur between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on allowed watering days.
• No customers are permitted to water on Mondays.
• Temporary licenses will be allowed to establish new landscapes