Trees Across Durham (TAD), a City-County-Community collaboration, would appreciate your help in completing 5-minute online survey on neighborhood trees. The survey seeks Durham residents' opinions on urban trees and the value they place on having trees in their neighborhood. Results from this survey will be used to better inform TAD's resources with the needs of the community. The survey is available in both English and Spanish at the link below. Thank you and we appreciate your help in advance!
Link to survey: https://duke.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_dapFmGamqclITDD
Para completar la encuesta en español, use el enlace siguiente y seleccione su idioma del menú desplegable.
Tobin L. Freid
Durham City & County
Please note my new email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Thursday, March 10, 2016
To All District 3 Neighbors,
Please join us this Saturday, March 12, from 10 am to noon for our monthly PAC3 meeting. The meeting is held at 1309 Halley Street, Durham, NC 27707 (Community Family Life & Recreation Center at Lyon Park.)
This meeting provides a wealth of information and is a great forum for citizens to interact the with law enforcement and other Durham City and County departments. If you have a neighborhood concern, bring it! If you've never been to a PAC 3 meeting, come see what you're missing!
The meeting agenda will include:
Guest Speaker:Aaron Cain,AICP, Planning Supervisor, City-County Planning Dept.
Topic: The planning principles, regulations and processes in Durham.
Learn how you can inform planning procedures? How are development
Police and City Department Reports: As always the meeting will include reports from various City Departments and our District 3 Commander, Capt Robert Gaddy,Jr., offering you the opportunity to voice your concerns, questions and comments.
Join us this Saturday. We look forward to seeing you.
JoAnn Comis email@example.com 919-225-5176
Mike Mayo firstname.lastname@example.org 973- 722-4772
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
MARCH 12-19, 2016
Creek Week is a time to discover and clean up our local streams. It has been celebrated in Durham since 2009, with 1,646 volunteers collecting 106,420 pounds of litter to date.
Follow us on social media at http://bit.ly/CreekWeek16 and with #CreekWeek16. Contact Laura Smith at email@example.com or 919-560-4326, ext. 30235 to get involved.
Saturday, March 12
- Eno River Cleanup, 9 am – Help spruce up a newly protected property near Eno River State Park and the Mountains to Sea Trail. Emailland@enoriver.org to sign up and get directions.
- Goose Creek Cleanup, 9 am – 2615 Harvard Ave, park in LEAP Academy parking lot, Contact: Dan Allums 703-638-2680, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Hope Creek Cleanup, 9 am – Meet just above the Waterfowl Impoundment off Rt. 54. Registration is now open atmeetup.com/helpcleanjordanlake. Email email@example.com for more info.
- Third Fork Creek in Long Meadow Cleanup, 10 am – Meet on Ward St. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Bird Walk at Beaver Marsh – Duke professor Nicki Cagle leads a bilingual bird walk focusing on migratory birds at the Beaver Marsh, a true urban nature gem. See www.ellerbecreekorg for details and to register.
- Bird Walk at Sandy Creek Park – Beginner to advanced birders are welcome on this bird walk at one of the premiere birding spots in the Traingle. RSVP and more info: http://www.meetup.com/NC-Sierra-Club-Headwaters-Group/events/228996603.
- Eno River Paddle, 10 a.m. – Join Frog Hollow and Eno River Association on a paddle from West Point on the Eno to Penny’s Bend. $50/$40 Eno River Assoc. members. Register at froghollowoutdoors.com or call 919-416-1200.
Sunday, March 13
- Canoe cleanup at the mouth of Ellerbe Creek, 10 a.m. To sign up call 919-416-1200 or email email@example.com. Canoes provided.
- Third Fork Creek Trail cleanup, 1 p.m. Meet at 1100 MLK Pkwy (Public Works). For more info contact Mary Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-213-3122.
- Food Truck Rodeo – Visit the Keep Durham Beautiful table at Durham Central Park’s Food Truck Rodeo from 12-4 p.m. to pick up free tree seedlings and your Passport to fun for all the Creek Week activities.
- Source of the Eno Pilgrimage – Join Riverdave on the Eno River Association’s annual pilgrimage to the spot where the Neuse, Cape Fear and Roanoke River basins converge. See http://theborderlife.com/Source-of-the-Eno.php. Please register by email at email@example.com.
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Early voting for the March 15 election starts 3/3/16. We have two convenient locations to vote early:
The schedule is:
Thursday, March 03, 2016 9am - 7 pm Friday, March 04, 2016 9am - 7 pm Saturday, March 05, 2016 9am - 5 pm Sunday, March 06, 2016 12pm - 5pm Monday, March 07, 2016 9am - 7 pm Tuesday, March 08, 2016 9am - 7 pm Wednesday, March 09, 2016 9am - 7 pm Thursday, March 10, 2016 9am - 7 pm Friday, March 11, 2016 9am - 7 pm Saturday, March 12, 2016 9am - 1 pm
You can still register to vote and vote on the same day during early voting. (See ncvoter.org to check your registration.)
This election technically requires a valid drivers licence or other picture ID. If you lack one, there are alternatives in the law. (Seencvoter.org for details on ID.)
The March 15 election has three parts:
- The Partisan Primary election for most elected offices. If you are a registered independent, you can choose a party to vote with. Remember that Durham is a very Democratic county so some primary elections will decide who wins in November.
- Durham Public School Board elections.
- Connect NC Bond Referendum vote.
Sample ballots for your precinct and party and more information can be found at: ncvoter.org.
The following local organizations have endorsed various candidates:
The City of Durham Solid Waste Management Department has suspended trash and recycling collections on Thursday, January 18. Road and weat...
Jazz Musician Reggie Leatherberry Written by Hope Valley resident, Beth Bader Reggie Leatherberry plays three instruments well: ...
Did you know the Hope Valley North is in District 3? Ever wonder who in the city you should call for an issue but not sure? Below is a list ...
For Immediate Release: September 27, 2017 Share! Got e-waste, reusable household goods or papers to shred? Attend our free Oct. 21 ev...